Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Process

Yesterday I became increasingly frustrated with the bickering going on between two of my boys. I giggle as I write this because even if I try and keep the boys anonymous, those who know me know I have three sons but only 2 of them are verbal. So you can figure out who I'm talking about without to much effort. Well yes those two boys were bickering and I needed them to stop! Now folding and putting away their own laundry is one of their regular chores, but on this particular day I made them fold and put away everyones laundry. They knew I meant business and didn't fuss. One of the sayings we live by in our house is "quick, complete, and sweet." Do the job your given right away, no lollygagging. Do it completely. And do it sweetly, no complaining. I was so pleased with how they followed this family rule in doing the laundry. When I checked to see the finished product. The drawers weren't as tidy as I left them. Some random T shirts may have been in the wrong places, but for a 7, and 13 year old, the job was done fairly well. The process by which they did the task in was awesome! They had obeyed me well.
I think God is most interested in our obedience. It is not so much about accomplishing the goal He has put before us, as it is the process we go through to accomplishing that goal. We have nothing to do with what will follow our obedience. That is where we need to have faith that God uses our efforts. Moment by moment obedience is the goal. His purpose is the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment